goHappy would love to give a big old Shout Out today to all of our troops who have served to protect our country both past and present - Happy Veterans Day!
And, as we celebrate these awesome folks today, we also wanted to throw out a handful of ideas to help you and your kids celebrate this day and express your thanks to our amazing Veterans.
For the kids:
- Talk to your kids about relatives who have served in the military (and pull in any photos you have of them in uniform)
- Have them wish a happy Veterans Day to any friends or family who are serving or did serve
- Have them write a thank you letter through A Million Thanks
- Have any leftover Halloween candy? Have them send it to the troops through Operation Gratitude
- Thank any co-workers who have served
- Reach out to friends and family who have served
- Support a military charity like the USO or Fallen Patriots
So instead of just updating your Facebook status this year, try doing at least one small action to thank a Veteran (and have your kids do the same!) - they’ll love hearing it!