- Because capes, masks, and costumes have been replaced by jerseys and cleats
- Because chubby little fingers and toes have been replaced by stinky feet and (starting to get hairy and also stinky) armpits
- Because learning to tie shoes, zip zippers, and blow noses has been replaced by bullies, mean girls, hormones, and BIG decisions
- Because match box cars, power rangers, and doll babies have been replaced by gloves, mitts, balls, thick text books and instruments
- Because I am still carrying 15 extra pounds of ‘baby weight’ and the baby is 10 yrs. old ….. UGH !!!!
- Because when we drove past our church on Sunday to go to a soccer tournament, my youngest child asked, “Are we still Christians? I mean we NEVER go to church anymore.”
- Because I can’t remember the last time I ate something that didn’t come from a cardboard box
- Because my parents are growing old and forgetful and no longer want to drive in the dark if it is raining
- Because I forgot my mother-in-law’s birthday and I don’t even want to show my face around her until I remember next year (when I get her an awesome present)
- Because my life is a swirling tornado most days and this morning I tied my hair up in a bun so it wouldn’t get in the kids’ waffle syrup and I forgot to take it down and fix it before I got to work ….. This really JUST happened TODAY !!!!
- Because time doesn’t stop even though I am hitting the brakes ……through the flippin’ floor!!!!
Like most ….. my life is full, fun, and super busy and I don’t want to miss a single moment of any of it. I know that I can’t push the re-do or pause button so I am desperately trying to live more purposefully and with my eyes wide open, taking it all in. I want to do things that fill my soul with the people that make the happiest. I am blessed beyond measure and I never want to forget it or take it for granted.
So why Die Happy ….. to get me focused on every single fun, dull, crazy, adventurous, chaotic, embarrassing, exhausting, ultra boring moment of it because it will all be over and done with before I know it.